Saturday, November 18, 2006

and then ...

the day i signed up for the space program, i get a call from my brother, visva, from home in kulim, kedah, telling me about the space program! my brother and i were very close growing up, we still are, although he's now married, with two adorable kids and all. we grew up watching star wars and getting all excited about luke skywalker and tiny hairy creatures! so, i told him i've beaten him to it and has already signed up. he says, good, get as many certs as you can out of it! i bet he didnt imagine the kinds of 'certs' i actually got out of it!

and of course, i told my dad about it too. and as always, he said, go ahead and try! my dad, my biggest supporter and fan, thats the way he is. the most liberated dad i've ever come across. my friends would vouch for that too! i thank him for everything i've achieved and who i've become today. thank you simply doesnt cut it, dad! you are, ultimately, the best!

first few weeks, i checked for mails from angkasa everyday. as days and months went by without a note, i went on with my life. quality engineer, with couple of technicians, and a bunch of quality issues with the making of many office furnitures. and the company of my colleagues! the best co-workers i've ever had in my ten years of adult working experience. they took the term co-workers way over its limits, and to this day, we're still close. let me just say, they wouldnt throw a party without me!

as you can see, i almost forgot about the space program as 2003 ended, and then 2004 ended. had an amazing vacation for two weeks in june 2004 in new zealand, middle earth and the land of the hobbits! new zeland is definitely in my recommend-to-all-to-visit country! simply enchanting.

i'm getting to it, people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tell me whereabout in new zealand i should visit plz..

YES... u r getting there ;)